It seems like it has been forever since I have finished a project around here, but I did get a little one done today, and photographed!

I made a sheet music dress form that will live in my Master Bath, at least for now.

dress form 001

My inspiration was this full sized lady I saw when I was at a Paris Flea Market last fall.

This lovely lady was $400. Ouch.

Paris 2010 115

I have had this dress form in my bathroom for years, and frankly I haven’t really liked it for about the last 5.

auction photos, mirror jan 2011 011

I was not a fan of the swirly thing and the painted on laces up the front was just a little too “tart” for my taste.

So, I gave her a makeover.

First, I took her off the metal base. It was all attached as one unit with the swirly thing screwed on to the top so it was easy to remove.

Then, I used my Mod Podge and covered her in torn pieces of sheet music. Across the middle, I was intentional about the “Love Duet” title, but other than that, I was random. I did tear away the perimeter of the pages so that there was little blank space.

dress form 004

I had the candle holder that she is placed on. I simply attached her with gorilla glue.

dress form 002

I widened the hole in the top and simply inserted the vintage crystal door knob for the topper.

dress form 012

I happen to think she came out rather lovely and much improved.

And, she was made with what I already had in the house.

And, although she is not full sized like the Parisian lady, she also wasn’t $400.

dress form 008

Now, if I was a well behaved blogger, I would have lots of pictures of the different steps, but no such luck.

I am just glad to have finished a project and photographed it. Hopefully, this is the start of lots of momentum.

Oh, and for the first time in a while, I will be sharing at some of the parties on my sidebar.

And here

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

March 03, 2011 — Laura Putnam