Candle Care Directions
BEST CARE TIPS FOR OUR SOY CANDLES
Let’s Talk about the details:
- All of our candles are made from USA grown and made soy wax that is a sustainable resource.
- Our wicks are all cotton.
- Our glass is all USA made and reusable and recyclable.
- Our fragrance oils are phthalate-free, paraben-free and never tested on animals and are made from a combination of essential oils and cosmetic grade fragrance.
To maximize the quality, longevity and safety of your soy candles, we recommend the following to care for your candle:
Safety First – follow these steps for candle safety:
- Always burn your soy candle within site, away from children and away from anything that can catch fire, avoid drafty areas.
- Always trim your wick to 1/4″ each time before lighting it – and we really mean each time! This prevents the wick from burning with a larger flame which can cause smoke or soot on the glass.
- Never leave the cut wick or any debris in your candle – this will allow your wax to be free of debris
- Always burn on a suitable surface and protect the surface under your candle
- Stop burning your candle when only 1/2″ of wax remains. If you choose to continue to burn a low wax candle the heat will transfer to the glass instead of the wax which can cause issue.
- Don’t burn your candle for more than four hours at a time.
To get the most enjoyment from your soy candles:
- The first time you burn your candle, burn it long enough for the melted wax to reach all the way to the edge of your jar. Not doing so, could create a “tunnel” which makes it difficult to stay lit in the future.
We hope you enjoy your soy candles from Finding Home Farms!