Yesterday, I shared the family room transformation of my client Linda’s home. This was a long project as it was a whole house update. Each step of the process was a big transition for my client and it was sometimes challenging for her.

This is the where the family room started.

couchwallbefore border

After removing the wallpaper, the carpeting and the crown molding and placing all the new furniture, I started to feel a sense of accomplishment. I took a few photos to review everything.

When I got home and looked at the pictures, it became very clear what needed to happen. The fireplace needed to be changed.

This was a big deal because the budget was done. Plus, I didn’t think my client would be open minded to changing brick.

LOGO FINAL FILES13

After a TON of research, I determined that the only affordable solution was to paint the brick. Much to my delight, she was willing to do so. But, because of budget, the only person to do it was ME!

Her son removed the brass and glass front for me and I spray painted it with heat safe black spray paint found at Lowes.

Then, I put on my iPod and got to work. Thank goodness she didn’t come home in the middle and had to hear my singing. I used a product I found called Brick Anew. I watched the video it came with a few days before and found it really did help with the process. I actually found the process quite simple and only took a few hours from start to finish. I also liked that I knew the paint was heat safe.

fireplaceafterborder

When it was all done, I was very happy with the results and felt it made the difference that was necessary to really pull the room together.

123

The best part, my client was happy as well.

I will be sharing at the parties on my page above and at the Thrify Decor Chick

[beforeAndAfterButton<3].gif>

Come by and see all the great projects being shared!

Thanks for reading and have a great day,

Laura