Currently, Finding Home Farms is hiring for a Sugarhouse Cafe & Retail Store Assistant Manager. Please submit your application to: Laura@findinghomefarms.com & Kerry@findinghomefarms.com.
Available Position: Sugarhouse Assistant Cafe Manager
Status: Full Time
Openings: 1 Position Available
The Assistant Cafe Manager will be responsible for managing cafe operations, retail store operations and cafe team members. This is a hands-on role working to motivate, train, develop and direct the cafe team to deliver a high-level of hospitable service and complete daily projects. This position oversees the administrative and operational tasks, including ordering, inventory, cash management, sanitation and safety.
The perfect candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a calm sense of urgency and have managerial experience in cafe and/or restaurant operations. This role reports to the cafe & market manager.
Applicants must be available to work weekends and evenings.
- Create and maintain an ordering and inventory system for both the cafe and the retail store
- Schedule and manage the cafe team members on a daily basis, ensuring service and safety standards are met
- Train cafe team members on coffee equipment, preparation of food and beverage, POS software system, and front of house customer service skills
- Manage point of sale, cash management, sales entry and establish revenue goals for the cafe and utilize sales and inventory data to optimize product selection and sales
- Create content and manage the social media and marketing for the cafe
- Set an example of punctuality, attendance and positive attitude
- Ensure standards of cleanliness and hygiene, including schedule regular deep cleans
- Handle guest concerns or complaints in a professional manner
- Regularly check that brewing equipment operates properly
- Learn about our company and speak to customers about our operations
- Other duties may be assigned by management
Skills, Abilities + Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED, some college preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous managerial experience in cafe and/or restaurant operations
- Knowledge of brewing and kitchen equipment
- Strong sense of hospitality and desire to achieve high levels of customer service
- Flexibility to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with colleagues
- Understanding and ability to manage social media platforms
- Keep calm in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effective listening skills to ensure customer orders are correct
- Maintain an organized and tidy work space
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
About Finding Home Farms:
FHF (Finding Home Farms) is a family-owned, lifestyle brand that brings the farm’s best with our organic maple syrup. We combine it with our 100% soy candles, pantry offerings, and home decor products to provide the perfect ingredients for creating a welcoming home. We proudly source and produce all of our products in the USA, from our pure maple syrup and pantry offerings to soy candles and home decor. We hope to create products, ideas, and inspiration that encourages you to gather with your friends and family.