Actually, these cookies are so good you can make them year round, but they are perfect for sharing during the holidays as well.
Of course, if I am going to share a new cookie recipe, you know it is going to have Finding Home Farms organic maple syrup in it and this recipe is no exception.
The biggest problem with these cookies is that they are so good, you will keep eating more. Trust me on that one. The reason is when you take a bite the maple flavor is soft, and then as you chew it just gets better and better. Really.
Are you so hungry now you are ready to make them yourself? Not to worry, I am sharing the recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars
- Add maple syrup and extract
- Mix well on low speed till combined
- Add eggs, beat on medium speed 2 mins until light & fluffy
- Sift baking soda & flour together and blend into mixture one cup at time until combined
- Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment lined baking sheet 2 in. apart
- Bake 10-12 mins until set and edges are lightly brown, cool slightly before removing
Tip* Keep batter chilled between batches for best results
So now, you might be wondering if you have been around here a bit that this recipe might seem a bit more advanced than I normally venture into, especially a fully custom baking recipe.
Baking is not my strength, so I turned to an expert.
That is why I am also introducing you to Karen today. Not only is she the back bone of our company, the one who keeps afloat, our first employee who worked in our garage forever and a day, she is also an amazing baker. Like really amazing. Karen is responsible for not only creating this recipe but also baking the amazing cookies you see in the images. For the all important task of a Christmas cookie recipe, I called in the expert. Thank you Karen!