Quick & Easy Chalkboard Ornament – No Painting!
They say that necessity is the mother of all invention.
In the case of my chalkboard ornament, the mother of invention was a lack of desire of painting and waiting for it to dry.
But it really worked out well since I absolutely love how these came out and they took just minutes to make!
Here is how I did it‚Ä¶
- Chalkboard Contact Paper (you can find it here, affiliate link)
- Large punch in your choice of shape
-Chalk Ink Marker (you can find it here, affiliate link)
- Ribbon or twine of your choice
- Stamps of your choice
- Scapbooking white letters
- Card Stock
- Hole Punch
1 ‚Äì Remove the backing of the contact paper and attach it to both sides of the contact paper.¬† This gives you a two sided ornament that has some weight to it so it hangs correctly.
2 ‚Äì Punch out your shapes
3 ‚Äì Use your hole punch to create a hole for the ribbon or twine.
To decorate with the stamps, follow these steps:
- Cover your stamp in chalk and then place it on your ornament
- Now follow over the pattern with the chalk ink marker.
- No go in with the plain chalk and fill around the design, and then smooth it all out with your finger for a ‚Äúseasoned look‚Äù.
- I also added a simple border with dots using the chalk ink marker.¬† Attach ribbon and it is ready to hang.
To create ornaments with words, follow these steps:
- ‚ÄúSeason‚Äù the whole ornament with the side of your chalk and smooth out with your finger.
- Use the scrapbooking letters to spell out your words.
¬†- Add a ribbon and a border and you are ready to hang this one too.
You can either leave them like this and ‚Äúerase‚Äù them to use again, or seal it with a clear spray sealer for it to be permanent.¬† To erase it, use a Magic Eraser.
These are great as ornaments but would work really was as gift tags as well.
Thanks so much for reading and happy crafting!