This week is all about rockin’ out the holidays – but keeping it simple.
And I am starting with an easy holiday appetizer and drink recipe.
And, I am in great company – this lovely crew…
In the spirit of keeping things simple, lets get right to it…
This is one of my favorite recipes – but I dressed it up for the holidays – and now I love it even more.
– Crostini bread, favorite cracker or toasted bread slices
– Goat cheese
– Pesto, from a jar works just fine
– Fresh Raspberries (I am telling you – the mix of flavors with the raspberries is AMAZING!)
– Layer your ingredients – crostini, cheese, pesto, raspberry
– If you really get pressed for time, place a log of goat cheese on plate, top with pesto and raspberries and serve with a tray of crostini – everyone can then DIY their appetizer!
And of course, every yummy appetizer needs a fabulous drink.
Again – I am totally in love with this one and will be making it often through the holidays.
– Cran-raspberry juice. I used the low calorie version
– White wine – I prefer pinot grigio
– Fresh lime
– Mix 1/3 juice, 1/3 wine and 1/3 seltzer.
– Add ice to glass and pour mixture in.
– Squeeze in fresh lime and garnish your drink with a slice of lime and fresh raspberries.
The lime juice brings it all together. And the flavors of the drink with the appetizer together – pure yum and the perfect thing to serve before a meal or a casual evening with friends.
We will be back on Wednesday to share a simple gift idea and Friday for gift wrapping.
But for today, you can find more easy recipe ideas for the holidays here…
Thanks so much for reading!